POSTED BY: Big Green Egg Kitchen
Pork Belly Burnt ends
Recipe courtesy of Chris Sussman, AKA The BBQ Buddha, part of #BGETeamGreen
- 1 pound piece of pork belly
- Your favorite barbecue rub
- Your favorite barbecue sauce
- Apple juice
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 275°F/135°C with your choice of wood, chips or chunks.
- Trim the pork belly and cut the pork belly into 1” cubes. Cover the pork belly pieces in your favorite BBQ rub. Place pork belly pieces on the cooking grid and smoke for 3 hours, spraying with apple juice every hour until the pork reaches and internal temperature of 190°F.
- Remove the pork pieces from the EGG and place them in an aluminum pan. Toss the pork belly pieces with BBQ sauce until evenly covered. Drizzle with honey and put the aluminum pan back on the EGG. Cook the pork belly and cook for another hour until the sauce has reduced and caramelized.