- 4 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced small
- 1/4 cup small diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup small diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion
- 1 garlic clove crushed to a paste, or minced fine
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, diced small
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Salt, pepper, and sugar* to season
- 1/4 cup smoked sweet paprika
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Stir the kiwi, bell peppers, onion, garlic, jalapeño, lime, salt, pepper, and sugar together to make the salsa and refrigerate until needed. *The sugar will not only make the salsa seem milder, but it will also help to bring all the flavours together.
- Makes approximately 2 cups of salsa.
- Set up Big Green Egg for direct cooking with Big Green Egg Oak & Hickory Charcoal and heat to 400 degrees.
- Combine the paprika, pepper, oregano, salt and cayenne together in a small bowl. Pour onto a dinner plate or a small baking sheet.
- Dredge chicken in spice mixture until thoroughly coated on both sides.
- Grill in the Big Green Egg, flipping halfway through, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit or 71 degrees Celcius.
- Plate each chicken breast with a couple spoonfuls of salsa.